Wednesday, June 29, 2011

The Four Seasons...

 Our Engagement Photos are inspired by the four seasons.
Since Cliff and I will be married almost exactly a year to the day of our official dating
anniversary, we wanted to do a take celebrating each season of our love so far.

WINTER

Winter was taken at Mississippi College at Provine Chapel
and on the steps of the Library.
The story goes that Dandy first spotted Mimi on these steps
as he watched the girls come out of chapel. We tried to
recreate this precious moment. Cliff was a true dear to put
on his winter clothes including his coat, to indulge his crazy
future bride and allow me a winter shoot in the middle of June!
Laura Marie is of course amazing!She truly captured the look
of Winter even on this hot Summer day.

SPRING

James Taylor's famous song goes,
"Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall, All you have to do is call..."
and I really think this set of photos captures the look of a
young couple in love just relaxing and listening to his smooth sounds.
This part of the shoot was taken behind Lake Woodmoor in Clinton.
This was not as easy as it looks. I had a make up melt down half way
through, but Laura Marie powered through and ended up with a
beautiful setting for Spring.

SUMMER

Cliff and I made our relationship official on the Fourth of July~
Our first kiss in the streets of New Orleans after fireworks at the point!
For the Summer shoot I wanted to capture the essence of that
holiday and the love that we shared that special day.
This was a fun part of the shoot. These pics were taken at Lake Woodmoor.
I hope that they make you feel the fireworks!

FALL

This last part of the Four Seasons shoot just might be my favorite!
I think its because I love the boots so much!!
They were a gift from Minda a few years ago and I think that this
was the perfect opportunity for me to wear them!
The pics were taken in beautiful downtown Clinton and in front of
The Owl Cafe mural. It was after that Provine sighting that Mimi and
Dandy first spoke at the real Owl Cafe and so I find it fitting for Cliff and I
to pose here as well.

A very special thanks to Laura Marie, again. She truly shared my vision and
helped me to see it come to fruition with her sharp eye, talented lens and creative touch!

Also, a thank you to Coday, who helped Laura posing my ring, wiping my melting
mascara and holding my many props! You are a great photo helper and an even
better brother and friend!

And of course, again, thank you to my sweet Cliff! He put up with my crazy
vision for this shoot and I love him so much for it! You are the man that has brought
love to the last year of my life, adding more joy and laughter to each passing season.
I can not wait to spend all the rest of the seasons of my life sharing in love with you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment